Argent is led by experienced entrepreneurs and funded by some of the best VCs in London. Our mission is to give millions of users access to a new decentralized web. We believe blockchain technology will lead to global, transparent and accessible financial and consumer services.
About the Android Developer position
We are looking for a skilled and passionate Android developer who will join our team of talented engineers and help us build the best mobile blockchain browser.
You should be able to write clean code, ensure your applications run properly, and perform well working in a dynamic environment. We also expect you to be passionate about pushing mobile technologies to the limits and we are looking for someone with a “can do anything” mentality.
Android Developer responsibilities are:
- Lead the development of our native Android application
- Write efficient, maintainable, reusable and well-tested code
- Define and build state-of-the-art application architecture
- Implement custom native user interfaces using the latest Android programming techniques
- Contribute technical ideas and suggestions to enhance the direction of the product
Android Developer requirements are:
- 3+ years experience of delivering consumer facing, mass market, networked, high-performance Android applications available in the Play Store
- Fluency with Java, knowledge of Kotlin is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of cryptography and app security
- Strong understanding of the blockchain and ethereum ecosystem
- Experience consuming REST and RPC JSON APIs using HTTP and Websockets
- Software architecture experience, strong object-oriented programming, good knowledge of pattern and anti-pattern design
- Experience with unit tests, app profiling, code versioning, deployment and continuous integration
- Strong communication skills, ability to work in a team and interface with non-engineers
- Fluency in written and spoken english
How we work ?
We are a distributed team but find communication much easier when working on similar time zones. You will need to be based in a timezone between GMT-3 and GMT+3.