Argent is lead by experienced entrepreneurs and funded by some of the best VCs in London. Our mission is to give millions of users access to a new decentralized web. We believe blockchain technology will lead to global, transparent and accessible financial and consumer services.
About the Senior Backend Engineer position
We are looking for a versatile and passionate Backend Engineer who will join our team of talented engineers to help us build the best mobile blockchain browser.
You will design and operate the backend services that fuel our decentralised application, develop innovative services on top of Ethereum nodes, and help continuously improve our engineering practices.
Senior Backend Engineer responsibilities are:
- Lead the architecture, development and operation of our backend infrastructure in a DevOps manner
- Operate a reliable and scalable pool of Ethereum nodes
- Build a layer of innovative services on top of our pool of Ethereum nodes
- Continuously improve the efficiency, scalability, and reliability of our backend systems
- Research and recommend testing and automation tools
- Review and enforce security best-practices for all internal and external services
- Collaborate closely with the other engineering teams to ensure an overall efficient architecture of our product
Senior Backend Engineer requirements are:
- You have 5+ years of experience designing and delivering scalable distributed systems in a variety of languages and environments
- You have built consumer facing APIs and you master web paradigms such as REST, RPC, and Websockets
- You have some experience with iOS/Android push notifications, knowledge of Graph databases and Ethereum is a plus
- You like to get your hands dirty and you are never afraid to experiment with technology
- You have a strong knowledge of cryptography and security best practices
- You have strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- You are a team player with good communication skills
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
How we work ?
As a distributed team, we’re not too bothered by when and where you work. That said, most of us work Monday to Friday from 9 UTC to 6 UTC, and we’re looking for someone who’d overlap at least 4 hours within that timeframe.